By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2021
We’re slowly getting more information about events on January 6 at the Capitol. Every new bit of information shows that what happened pretty much falls within the parameters of anything Code Pink or Antifa have done on or to federal property, although with significantly less violence than Antifa uses. Nevertheless, Democrats continue to claim that January 6 was an insurrection that rivaled the entire Civil War in intensity. The latest claim comes from Biden’s White House, where his Press Secretary asserts that several police officers died on January 6.
I’m riffing off the top of my head here, so I’m sure I’ll forget things, but here’s what we know about the events on January 6:
- There was at least one leftist provocateur there – John Sullivan — who later profited off the footage he acquired after inciting people to enter the Capitol. (The last laugh the government’s because it seized Sullivan’s profits.) There were undoubtedly others as well.
- Capitol Police Officers invited Trump supporters into the building.
- The Capitol Police Officers are refusing to release 14,000 hours of footage – leading to the assumption that they contain exculpatory information.
- It’s probable that none of the people who entered the Capitol had guns.
- Of the many people being held in solitary confinement almost five months later, none are being charged with sedition or insurrection; most of them are up on trespassing charges.
- The only person who was killed on January 6 was Ashli Babbitt, an unarmed woman who was shot without warning by a Capitol Police officer. The others who died were felled by natural causes or a drug overdose.
- The only police officer to die was Brian Sicknick, who died on January 7 from a stroke that was entirely unrelated to events on January 6.
Those are the facts but Democrats, especially Joe Biden, aren’t interested in facts. Like all narcissists (and leftism is a form of cultural narcissism) and all people raised on post-modernism, there is no such thing as truth. There is only “my truth” (a term you’ve often heard) and that means “whatever will help me at this moment.” For leftists, truth is shaped by necessity, not facts.